If for any reason you want to delete your account, here is how to close it from the website and the LinkedIn mobile app.
How to Close your account from LinkedIn.com (via Browser)
You can quickly close your account from the Settings & Privacy section of LinkedIn.com. You just need to sign in with the account you want to close and visit Settings & Privacy section from the ‘Me’ dropdown. Here are the steps you can use to delete an account.
1. Visit ‘www.linkedin.com’ with a browser of any device. This will take directly to the LinkedIn home page.
2. If your LinkedIn account is not opened already, then enter your ’email or phone’ and ‘password’.
3. And, click the ‘Sign In’ button.
4. After entering into your account, click on the ‘Me’ (profile icon) tab near the upper right side of the page. You may see your profile picture here if you’ve added a photo to your account.
5. Now, click on ‘Settings & Privacy’ at the top in the dropdown box.
6. Go to the bottom of the Settings & Privacy page.
7. And, click on the ‘Closing your LinkedIn account’ option.
Note: If you have subscribed to the Prime membership of LinkedIn, then you can’t close the account without canceling it. You will need to cancel your subscription before deleting the account. Click on the link that says to convert your subscription to the Basic membership. This link will open the subscription cancellation page from there you can cancel your Prime membership.
8. Now, LinkedIn will ask you the reason for closing your account, click on your reason.
9. You can also give your feedback in the provided box.
10. Then click on ‘Next.’
11. Enter your LinkedIn account password.
12. Click on ‘Close account’ button to finish.
Your account from LinkedIn.com will be deleted. But, for a week it may still display in the results of web searches which will also be removed in some days.
How to delete your LinkedIn account from the mobile app
Note: If you have subscribed to the Prime membership of LinkedIn, then you can’t close the account without canceling it. First, cancel your prime membership and then go ahead to close your account.
1. Launch the ‘LinkedIn’ app on your smartphone or another device.
2. Open your account, if it is already not. Make sure to sign in with the LinkedIn account that you want to close.
3. Tap on ‘Me’ (Your Profile Picture icon) tab at the upper right side corner in the Android app or bottom right side corner in the iOS app.
4. Then tap the ‘Settings’ (Gear) icon next to the search field at the top.
5. Swipe up on the screen and go to the bottom of the page. Before doing this, make sure the ‘Account’ tab is opened.
6. Now, tap on ‘Close account’ option at the bottom.
7. Tap on ‘Continue’ button.
8. Now, LinkedIn will ask you the reason for closing the account, select your reason by tapping it.
9. Then, tap on the ‘Next’ button.
10. Enter your LinkedIn account password.
11. Tap ‘Done’ to finish.
Your LinkedIn account will be closed. But, for a week it may still appear in the results of web searches which will also be removed in some days.
Nick Hollins is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Nick has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Source : Delete LinkedIn Account